Skip to main content

Public Utilities

The Contra Costa County Public Works Department is responsible for the maintenance of public roads, storm drains and most street lights in Crockett and Port Costa with the exception of the decorative street lights.  

Report a Problem

To report problems regarding road maintenance or storm water flooding, including such public safety issues as trees down in the road, the County lists the following phone numbers:

  • During regular business hours: (925) 313-2000
  • For illegal dumping or at all others times: (925) 313-7000 for the Martinez Maintenance Yard


Contra Costa County Public Works Department (The County) is responsible for maintaining street lights within County Service Area (CSA) L-100.  They work along with Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) to determine which agency is responsible for installing or repairing streetlights within and outside the County's Lighting District.  The Crockett CSD is responsible for the green decorative street lights.  Contact the Public Works Department at(925) 313-2000 or (925) 313-2286 to report a broken or blinking street light.

Water Service

The East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) provides water service to town of Crockett.  To start or stop water service call 1-866-403-2683 during regular business hours.  For water emergencies, such as broken water lines or fire hydrants, call the same number 1-866-403-2683 anytime.  

The Contra Costa Water District (CCWD) provides water service to the town of Port Costa.  To start or stop water service, CCWD can be reached at (925) 688-8000 during normal business hours.

Join our mailing list